Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Polaris is sluggish, running with less power than normal.
1. Check the filter screen in the Quick Disconnect and clean if necessary.
2. Clean the skimmer basket, pump basket, and pool filter.
3. Check the hoses, connections, and swivels for leaks that could cause loss of water pressure.
4. Check the wheel RPM.
Polaris flies around the pool and/or does not make contact with the bottom of the pool.
1. Check the wheel RPM. If more than 32 RPM, unscrew the pressure relief valve to decrease water flow to cleaner.
2. Confirm that the blue restrictor disk is installed in the UWF to decrease water flow. If required install the red restrictor disk to decrease the water flow even more.
3. Verify that the back-up valve is cycling. Hold the valve out of the water and watch the jet. It should come on and go off.
Note: The pressure relief valve should only be adjusted when a
restrictor disk is installed.
Polaris doesn't back up.
Hold the back up valve out of the water and verify that it cycles on and off. A complete cycle takes about three minutes. If it stays on all the time or doesn't come on at all then replace the back up valve.
Sweep hose sprays too much water out of the pool.
1. Adjust the speed of the sweep hose by tightening the adjustment screw.
2. Replace the sweep hose scrubber if it is worn or missing.
3. Add a sweep hose weight (order part #B2) to keep the sweep hose from spraying.
The Cleaner does not clean the entire pool.
1. Verify that feed hose reaches within 6" of the farthest point of the pool. If not, order a new hose section from your Polaris dealer.
2. Check the thrust jet for 11:00 position that optimizes random turning.
3. While the cleaner is operating, hold it upside down and look into the vacuum tube. There should be three distinct, even jets of water. If there are not, contact Customer Service or a Polaris authorized Service Center for assistance.
The cleaner is running in circles on its side.
1. Empty the filter bag. A full bag can weigh the cleaner down on one side.
2. Remove the head float and shake it. If there is water in the float, replace it.
3. Check the hose floats to make sure they are spaced evenly.