Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Cleaner doesn't climb the pool sides
1. The filter is full or dirty and must be cleaned following the procedure Section 5.1 of the owner's manual, "Cleaning the Filter Canister".
2. Microscopic algae are causing the pool side to become slippery. Do a shock chlorination treatment and slightly reduce the pH. DO NOT leave the cleaner in the pool during this treatment.
How to connect new control unit to original caddy
1. Position the new control unit over the control unit hook on the caddy.
2. Place the locking plate on top and line up the screw holes. Start both screws prior to tightening completely. Secure the plate using Phillips head screws. Do not over tighten.
3. The transport caddy is now ready to use.
Flashing lights appear during cycle.
If the cleaner is sucking air for 60 seconds the flashing lights appear. Submerge the cleaner following the procedure in Section 4.1 of the owner's manual, "Submerging the Cleaner".
On startup cleaner doesn't move.
1. The outlet, the control unit is connected to, is not supplying electrical power. Check that the outlet to which the control unit is connected is receiving electricity.
2. Check that you have started one (1) of the two (2) programs and check that the indicator for the selected program is lit. If the problem persists, contact your local Polaris service representative.
Remote control doesn't work
1. The batteries in the control are dead and need to be replaced.
2. The remote control is not synchronized to the control unit. When replacing the control unit or the remote control, it is necessary to synchronise the new remote control with the control unit:
1. Connect the cleaner to the control unit, then plug the control unit to the receptacle.
2. Press OFF + Cycle 1 buttons for more than 6 seconds until both lights flash once.
3. Press and hold the "rotate right" button on the remote control unit.
4. The light on the right will flash 5 times then both lights will flash together.
5. The synchronization procedure is completed when both lights switch off.
The cycle 1 and 2 program indicators flash alternately.
1. The brushes have become smooth and you need to replace the brushes following the procedure in
Section 5.3 of the owner's manual, "Replacing the Brushes".
2. Filter canister is full or dirty so you must clean the filter canister following the procedure in
Section 5.1 of the owner's manual, "Cleaning the Filter Canister".
3. Floating cable is excessively coiled or kinked. Make sure the floating cable is spread out over the