Polaris 9550 Sport
4WD Robotic Cleaner with 7 Day Program and Remote
The Top-of-the-line 4WD robotic pool cleaner featuring Easy Lift System, motion-sensing handheld remote, dirty canister indicator, and Vortex Vacuum technology for best-in-class cleaning performance.
The 9550 Sport 4WD provides best-in-class cleaning performance and features. The absolute top-of-the-line 9550 Sport tackles any pool terrain, climbs steps and walls, and scrubs tile line with a solid-blade scrubbing brush. One of the distinct advantages of 9550 Sport is the smart 7-day programmable timer, with fully customizable cleaning cycles that allows pool owners to set it and forget it. With just a simple setting, you can clean the pool as frequently as you like and enjoy a pleasant, healthy pool all the time. In addition, the new and intuitive motion sensing remote puts the cleaning control in the palm of your hand. Just point and direct the 9550 Sport to any desired location in the pool and you will never miss a spot. It is also the only model in the family that features a dirty canister indicator.
The 9550 Sport cleans pools up to 60' in length. It includes a new premium, compact transport caddy that can be assembled in just minutes without using any tools. Model is backed by a 2 year limited warranty.
Frequently asked questions
2. Check the flow outlet screen and remove any debris that may block flow. If the problem persists, contact our Technical Support team at 800-822-7933.
2. Sides of pool are slippery or slimy. Although the water seems clear, microscopic algae, invisible to the human eye, are present in the pool. As a result the pool sides become slippery and prevent the cleaner from climbing. Check tires for wear and replace as necessary. Do a shock chlorination treatment and slightly reduce the pH. DO NOT leave the cleaner in the pool during this treatment.
2. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in manual. View Video »
2. Filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister following the procedure in "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in the manual. View Video »
3. Make sure the floating cable is spread out over the pool. Ensure the cable is not too tightly wrapped or coiled when storing. If the problem persists, lay the cable straight in the sun to relax it and remove kinks. View Video »
2. The control unit will reset itself when the dirty canister is replaced with a clean one. Press start/stop button to make sure that the indicator light is off.
2. Remove cleaner from the pool and re-submerge, see "Submerging the Cleaner" in the manual.
3. Propeller or wheels may be jammed and not turning correctly. Contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.
2. Check that you have started one (1) of the two (2) programs and check that the indicator for the selected program is lit. If the indicator light is not lit, turn the wheels then disconnect the control unit and wait at least 20 seconds before reconnecting. If the problem persists, contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.