Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Where do I download the iAquaLink app
Search for the iAquaLink app in the iTunes or Google Play store. The app is only compatible with Polaris robotic product models featuring iAquaLink Control.
All lights are off
1. Bright sunlight: Shield the lights to block sunlight and re-check if the lights are lit.
2. Control box is unplugged: Plug the control box into a GFCI outlet. (See: Connect to a Power Source).
3. Power outage: Verify that the breaker is on and electricity is being supplied to the outlet.
4. Lost internet connection: Check internet connection - Network may be down.
LAN/WEB lights are on but there is no (or spotty) Wi-Fi connection, and/or app reads "Connection Error."
1. Control box is too far from home router: Relocate the control box as near to the home router as practical. (See: Install and Submerge the Cleaner) Do not use an extension cord.
2. Weak Wi-Fi signal: Check for adequate Wi-Fi signal strength. With a Windows laptop, go to Network Connections in the Control Panel. Check Signal Strength meter under Wireless Network Connection icon while standing near the control box. With a smart device, search for, download, and use an app that can check signal strength while standing near the control box. If Wi-Fi signal is weak, consider installing a Wi-Fi extender.
Only one of the LAN WEB lights are on
Connectivity issue with local Wi-Fi or connection to the server: Contact your local internet service provider.
1. Unplug your control box and wait 10 seconds. Plug in the box again and see if lights illuminate.
2. Check Internet connection - Network may be down.
Cable is tangling in the pool.
There is too much cable length in the water. Do not unravel the entire cable length. Place only the required length of cable in the water and place the rest on the side of the pool. Follow the procedure in "Cord Tangling" in the manual to avoid and correct tangled cord.
The cleaner does not or no longer climbs the pool sides.
1. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in manual.
2. Sides of pool are slippery or slimy. Although the water seems clear, microscopic algae, invisible to the human eye, are present in the pool. As a result the pool sides become slippery and prevent the cleaner from climbing. Check tires for wear and replace as necessary. Do a shock chlorination treatment and slightly reduce the pH. DO NOT leave the cleaner in the pool during this treatment.
The cleaner does not stay firmly on the pool bottom.
1. There is air in the appliance casing. Submerge the cleaner following the procedure in "Submerging the Cleaner" in the manual.
2. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in manual. View Video »
The cleaner is not cleaning effectively.
1. The brushes have become smooth or the "wear" indicator shows. Replace the brushes following the procedure in "Replacing the Brushes" in the manual.
2. Filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister following the procedure in "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in the manual.
3. Make sure the floating cable is spread out over the pool. Ensure the cable is not too tightly wrapped or coiled when storing. If the problem persists, lay the cable straight in the sun to relax it and remove kinks.
What should I do when the dirty filter canister indicator light is on?
1. The dirty filter canister lights up when the canister is full or partially clogged. Turn off the cleaner, empty debris, and spray canister to clear fine debris from canister.
2. The control unit will reset itself when the dirty canister is replaced with a clean one. Press start/stop button to make sure that the indicator light is off.
On startup the cleaner does not move.
1. The outlet, the control unit is connected to, is not supplying electrical power. Check that the outlet to which the control unit is connected is receiving electricity.
2. Check that you have started one (1) of the two (2) programs and check that the indicator for the selected program is lit. If the indicator light is not lit, turn the wheels then disconnect the control unit and wait at least 20 seconds before reconnecting. If the problem persists, contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.