Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Bag does not stay on pool floor.
1. Verify that the bag has been installed correctly.
2. Check for air bubbles around the jet body assembly. This may indicate air in the plumbing lines.
3. Ensure the jets are spraying evenly.
4. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi.
Note: The cleaner is operating too fast if the sweep hose and bag are not in contact with the pool bottom a majority of the time and the surface module changes directions more frequently than every 15 to 25 seconds. In this case, unscrew the pressure relief valve until the surface module slows down.
Polaris does not clean the entire pool or runs slowly.
1. Verify that the pressure relief valve is releasing water. If it is not, clean or backwash the pool filter.
2. Check the filter screen in the Quick Disconnect and clean if necessary.
3. Check that the eyeball regulators are installed in all of the return lines.
4. Verify that the float hose is the proper length.
5. Remove the surface module top. With the Polaris operating, verify that the randomizer tube is moving back and forth.
a. If the randomizer tube is not moving: Turn off pump, disconnect hoses, look into the mechanism and locate the filter connector inside the randomizer tube. If it is covered with debris or algae, remove the connector chamber, cylinder, and piston. Pull out the randomizer tube and clean the filter connector. If the connector is clean, replace the piston.
b. If the randomizer tube is moving: Watch the randomizer ball in the mechanism. If it does not move within 2 minutes, replace the randomizer tube and piston.
6. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi. A pressure tester (part #6-113-00) is available through your participating Polaris dealer.
Surface module dives under the water or leans to one side.
1. Straighten twisted hoses.
2. Lift surface module out of the water, empty it and then shake it. If water is still heard inside, remove the top, pull out the drain plug assembly and drain the module.
3. Adjust the pressure relief valve until the surface module levels off.
4. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi. A pressure tester (part #6-113-00) is available from an authorized Polaris dealer.
Surface module moves too fast.
1. Adjust the pressure relief valve until the surface module slows down.
2. Remove one of the eyeball regulators and readjust the pressure relief valve if necessary.
3. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi.