Is the All Purpose Filter Canister the only option for the cleaner?
No. We also offer the following:
1. Leaf Canister (R0535900) with coarse mesh, or
2. Ultra Fine Sand/Silt Canister (R0535800) with very fine mesh.
Cable is tangling in the pool.
There is too much cable length in the water. Do not unravel the entire cable length. Place only the required length of cable in the water and place the rest on the side of the pool. Follow the procedure in "Cord Tangling" in the manual to avoid and correct tangled cord.
Canister indicator stays on even when a clean canister is inserted. What should I do?
1. Check the canister again to make sure that the mesh screen is not clogged by fine debris. Spray the canister with water if necessary.
2. Check the flow outlet screen and remove any debris that may block flow. If the problem persists, contact our Technical Support team at 800-822-7933.
The cleaner does not or no longer climbs the pool sides.
1. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in manual.
2. Sides of pool are slippery or slimy. Although the water seems clear, microscopic algae, invisible to the human eye, are present in the pool. As a result the pool sides become slippery and prevent the cleaner from climbing. Check tires for wear and replace as necessary. Do a shock chlorination treatment and slightly reduce the pH. DO NOT leave the cleaner in the pool during this treatment.
The cleaner does not stay firmly on the pool bottom.
1. There is air in the appliance casing. Submerge the cleaner following the procedure in "Submerging the Cleaner" in the manual.
2. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in manual.
The cleaner is not cleaning effectively.
1. The brushes have become smooth or the "wear" indicator shows. Replace the brushes following the procedure in "Replacing the Brushes" in the manual.
2. Filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister following the procedure in "Cleaning the Filter Canister" in the manual.
3. Make sure the floating cable is spread out over the pool. Ensure the cable is not too tightly wrapped or coiled when storing. If the problem persists, lay the cable straight in the sun to relax it and remove kinks.
What should I do when the dirty filter canister indicator light is on?
1. The dirty filter canister lights up when the canister is full or partially clogged. Turn off the cleaner, empty debris, and spray canister to clear fine debris from canister.
2. The control unit will reset itself when the dirty canister is replaced with a clean one. Press start/stop button to make sure that the indicator light is off.
The flashing indicator lights (9350/P935) or error code on the display (9450/P945, 9550/P955) appear just after start (either pressing Power or Cycle button for less than 20 seconds).
1. Unplug floating cable from the control unit and reconnect.
2. Remove cleaner from the pool and re-submerge, see "Submerging the Cleaner" in the manual.
3. Propellor or wheels may be jammed and not turning correctly. Contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.
The flashing lights appear during the cleaning cycle.
Cleaner may be sucking air (lights will appear after 60 seconds air intake). Remove cleaner from the pool and re-submerge, see "Submerging the Cleaner" in the manual.
On startup the cleaner does not move.
1. The outlet, the control unit is connected to, is not supplying electrical power. Check that the outlet to which the control unit is connected is receiving electricity.
2. Check that you have started one (1) of the two (2) programs and check that the indicator for the selected program is lit. If the indicator light is not lit, turn the wheels then disconnect the control unit and wait at least 20 seconds before reconnecting. If the problem persists, contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.
Will my cleaner still operate when the Dirty Filter Canister Indicator light is on?
Your cleaner will continue to operate with the light on, but it may not clean effectively. If the canister is completely clogged, the cleaner may shut down, resulting in Error 4 on control unit.